Need help with your KiwiSaver? Here’s who to contact!

Money Compare helps you find out the best people to contact regarding KiwiSaver!

Your KiwiSaver is one of the most important funds that you have. We all want to retire comfortably, so it pays to spend some time sorting out your KiwiSaver! 

However, it can often feel confusing as to how you should go about this. Sometimes, it’s not even clear who you should contact to find out about your KiwiSaver. That’s why we’ve put together this guide. Read on to discover all the different people you should contact when it comes to your KiwiSaver! 

Not sure who your provider is? Jump on My IR!

Are you unsure who your KiwiSaver provider is? Maybe you’ve lost the details on who you signed up with or you’ve simply forgotten? No stress, all you have to do is head to My IR!

My IR is your personalised online portal for all things related to IRD (Inland Revenue Department). It’s super simple to sign up to and access your account, just head here

Once you’ve jumped onto My IR, go to the section titled ‘Scheme provider details page’. On this page, you’ll see who your provider is. Then you can go ahead and contact them. 

Want information about your funds? Talk to your provider!

If you’re keen to learn more about your KiwiSaver funds, then the best person to contact is your provider. 

Your provider will be able to give you all the information you might want to know about your funds. They can tell you what fund you’re in, how it’s tracking and give you advice on what you should do with your savings. 

To avoid any confusion, please note that your KiwiSaver fund is run by your KiwiSaver provider, NOT any financial consultant companies like National Capital. While National Capital and similar companies can give you fantastic independent advice, ultimately they don’t control your KiwiSaver funds, your provider does. 

Want to change your KiwiSaver contributions? Contact your employer! 

Sometimes you may want to change how much you’re contributing to your KiwiSaver. You might want to contribute more or less, depending on your current financial situation. 

It can seem puzzling to figure out how you go about this. However, it’s actually very simple… contact your employer. 

Talk to your employer about your KiwiSaver contributions and any potential changes you’re keen to make. Your contributions are done through your income, so naturally the best person to talk to about changing them is your employer. 

A KS2 form will be given to you by your employer, upon request. Fill this out and hand it back to them if you want to make any changes to your contributions. 

Need advice? Ask National Capital! 

Are you unsure whether you’re in the right KiwiSaver fund? Do you feel like your needs are not being met by your provider? If so, you’ll want to get some independent financial advice! 

While you do have plenty of options when it comes to different financial advisors, we highly recommend talking to National Capital

Our friends over at National Capital are independent financial advisors that’ll give you great advice on your KiwiSaver! They’ll help relieve your financial worries, allow you to make informed choices, and give you confidence in your investments. 

To start, use their FREE online tool Kiwisaver HealthCheck! It collects some of your information to provide you with tailored recommendations on which Kiwisaver fund is best for your needs! 

Also, National Capital has provided a helpful diagram to illustrate the relationship between financial advisors and KiwiSaver providers. It shows just how helpful National Capital can be to you and your funds!

(Image Source: National Capital)

Need anything else? Hit up IRD!

If you need any other help regarding your KiwiSaver, then contact IRD. 

You may still have questions that haven’t been answered by this article, and that’s okay! All you have to do is reach out to IRD and they should be able to help you.

Here’s a few ways to contact IRD: 

  • Website: https://www.ird.govt.nz/(Includes heaps of resources and information about KiwiSaver).
  • My IR: https://myir.ird.govt.nz/_/ (Provides information about your KiwiSaver account and options to online message IRD). 
  • Phone Number for KiwiSaver Members: 0800 549 472
  • Phone Number for Employers wanting to discuss employee information: 0800 377 772
  • Phone Number for Self-Service Line: 0800 257 777 (COVID-19 has impacted IRD’s ability to answer all phone calls, so please use this number if you need). 
  • Phone Number for Overseas Customers: +64 4 831 2392

Calling hours for IRD are 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday) and 9am to 1pm (Saturday). 

IRD is the best place to go for any remaining questions you might have. They’ll either be able to give you the answers you need or point you in the direction of someone else who can answer your queries.

Want better financial plans? Head to Money Compare! 

Now that you’ve got your KiwiSaver sorted, want to know where to go to get better deals on all your other financial plans? 

Well look no further, head to Money Compare

At Money Compare, you can compare all your financial plans! This includes your home loan, car insurance, personal loans and much more.

You’ll save heaps of money and find the perfect plan that meets your needs! 

All you have to do is: Jump on our website, enter in a few details, select filters that match your preferences and hit enter! Then you’ll see all the plans available to you. You can compare them all side-by-side on one page. 

It couldn’t be simpler! 


For more information on the best ways to prepare for retirement, check this out

*This is an educational guide only. It is in no means specific financial advice. Please consult a professional financial advisor (like the ones at National Capital) for any specific financial advice you may require.*

Thursday, 15 December 2022